Let's say you have your eye on a dreamy piece of clothing, but you're just not in the mood to buy it. The next phase of that scenario is discontentment. Hmm. Not a good place to be. Here is my solution to the problem: create it yourself.
You will have the best of both worlds; creating what you love, and owning what you love.
I really love stacked wrist attire, but I don't own too many bracelets that would pile up well. When I saw this picture it was like a lightbulb. "I can make that!". And I did.
Here is the directions so you can start stacking your wrists.
- Measure out how long you want the chain to be for your wrist. Cut two strands of chain and one strand of rhinestones to the before mentioned length. (My rhinestones were too long so I cut them to the proper length and reattached the end clamp.)
- Attach the three ends and the clasp to a solo link of chain.
- Double up your embroidery thread and use it as one strand (be generous with the length, you need more than you think).
- Pull the thread through the top link on one end of the bracelet, centering the strand and leaving you with a long doubled strand on each side.
- Weave one side down in a screw-type spiral making sure each wrap-around goes over the link between rhinestones. Do the same on the other side, mirror imaging the previous side. The back should be a row of "X"s.
- Tie them off at the bottom of the chain completing your bracelet!
I hope this is helpful for you!