Thursday, October 6, 2011

Survival. And how I survived.

Oh.  No.  It can't be.  Yet another week has gone by leaving me with a whole lot of great memories...and bruises. And I guess add sadness to the list; something like depression. I just got back from a survival camp and believe it or not, I LOVED it! That was sarcasm. Of course I loved it!  With a personality like mine, lots of people just make me happy. They really do.  I thrive on being with people. I get my energy from people.  People make my day... Enough about people. I just wanted to get the point across that I love hangin' out. *grin* Sooo.... Like I was saying. Survival isn't exactly my girly-girl type of thing, but relationships are.  I went last year and, I confess reluctantly, that, yes, I did like it.  I really don't know why I had second thoughts (yet again) this year about going, but considering the fact that Clay was Program Director and Mama and Susan Liana were cooking and lots of my friends were going, I was kinda inclined to go. So glad I did!  It was an amazing week where I made lots of friends and had such a fun time with not only the students, but also the staff.

Spoiler: We got pushed/pulled over a 12 ft. wall. Went over beams.  Shot lots of really cool guns. Learned survival skills (but don't ask me to survive in the wild). Got to build a shelter as a team.  Had awesome worship time. Grew spiritually. And had fun working together with my team.


Team ball catch.

I LOVE this gun! AK47 all the way.
(yes. I got 2 or 3 of the targets :))

Our team with our shelter!

Audrey and I had soooo much fun staying up 'til 3:00 in the morning talking :).


Great friends/staff!


The Survival staff, parents, and student's group photo

I've said it before, but I'll say it again.  It was great.

P.S. I miss y'all.

3 comments:

  1. Wow...Looks like a lot of fun! Glad you had a good time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! This brings back so many good memories! And yes, it was so fun staying up until 3 am talking haha... and trying not to laugh out loud so we wouldn't wake anyone up! That's when you bury your face in your pillow and smother it out ;)

    I miss you so much! Someway, we are gonna have to get together for a visit. Soon.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw! this brings back some of my own camp memories of this past year:)
    just found ya hunn and i'm following :)
    xo, mem

    ReplyDelete